
As none of you probably know, I've been really getting into a band called The Residents lately. They're definitely one of the best bands I've ever heard and they're quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites. Starting in 1969 and still going today with over 60 releases, it's hard to find a starting point. Luckily I heard Eskimo very early on, which is their absolute best album, and one of the best I've ever heard from anyone. But this post isn't to review the album, it's to talk about my winning of a first pressing of the album on white vinyl. Released in 1979, you can imagine that it would be pretty hard to find a copy of this anymore. Luckily, I had eBay. The bidding started out well, I was the only one and it stayed at $9.99 for a while, which is a GREAT price. But then some asshole bid against me, so I'm like whatever, I'll just go higher I know it's worth it. But then two other assholes decided to bid too, and on the day the auction is supposed to end, what the fuck. But I kicked their asses and ended up paying $39 for it (that's with shipping). A little pricey for a record, but shit, I know it's worth it. So, the moral of the story is that even though work kinda sucks, it's awesome having money. I expect to buy many much more albums in the near future. 'Cause what the hell else am I going to spend my money on?
P.S. Expect pictures as soon as it gets here.
Oh, and on a side note for all you Penn & Teller fans. Penn Jillette happens to be a huge fan of The Residents. So is Matt Groening. :D
Update:
This is now the single most important thing I own.
No comments:
Post a Comment