Monday, August 1, 2011

M83. You best get ready.


What you see above is the cover art to a new song by my favorite band, M83. M83 is the brainchild of Anthony Gonzalez. I'm talking about the French electronic/shoegaze musician, not the Indianapolis Colts wide receiver. Anyway, the new song is called Midnight City and it's pretty good. M83 fans will notice that it seems to borrow the pop feel that Gonzalez experimented with in Saturdays = Youth with more of the type of build he had on Before the Dawn Heals Us or Dead Cities. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the late sax solo featured here. For the people who don't know M83, check out the song and see if you like it.

Midnight City by M83

Gonzalez has stated that he's going for a more "epic" feel for his upcoming album, Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. It's supposed to be out this October. If Midnight City is any indication, I'm sure I'm going to love it. Judging by the reactions I'm reading on the song's last.fm page, fellow fans are on their way to musical bliss when the album drops. Or should I say "albums." Hurry Up has been confirmed as a double album so that means twice as much M83 as we thought we were gonna get. As of right now, it's my most anticipated album of the fall. Chyeah!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for turning me on to this. Shit is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the real question is, who is going to dress up as that thing featured on the album cover this year for halloween?

    ReplyDelete