Monday, September 19, 2011

63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, I am disappoint.

The Emmys happened yesterday and I missed them because I was watching football. If I weren't watching football, I would have been annoyed watching all of my favorite shows and actors get overshadowed for awards. So thank you Fox for interrupting Animation Domination to have Jane Lynch stomp on my hopes.

The disappointment goes back to last week when it was revealed that Adventure Time lost to some Disney thing for the Short-Form Animation award. That's two nominations and two losses in two years. I have confidence that they'll get what they've earned eventually. The only high point comes in the form of Mad Men winning it's 4th consecutive Outstanding Drama Series award. I'm kinda surprised Breaking Bad didn't get the nomination considering it's praise. I guess Boardwalk Empire just swooped in and took it's spot. While I'm excited that Mad Men is getting recognition, I was hoping this would be the year that Jon Hamm got his own personal Emmy for his portrayal of Don Draper. As a matter of fact, not one of the Mad Men actors walked away with their own Emmy last night. I guess the academy just thinks they work best as a team. Maybe next year.

I'll admit that I don't watch many of the shows nominated so maybe the performances that are winning truly are streets ahead of my favorites. That being said, I simply cannot stand for the atrocities going on in the Comedy department. Glee has an Emmy nomination. I've watched 1 full episode of Glee. Not only is the singing annoying, but the acting leaves much to be desired. If you didn't get my "streets ahead" reference, I would have preferred a nomination for Community. More than that though, Louie deserves the nomination! Actually, Louie deserves the win. He did get nominated for acting in the show, writing on the show, and for his stand-up, Hilarious, but he lost for all of those. I'm pretty much shocked. I'm going to let it slide because they were reviewing the first season. If the show isn't given a nomination Outstanding Comedy Series next year, there will be hell to pay. Just as a side note to this, Jim Parsons does a good job in The Big Bang Theory, but I don't think he's consecutive Emmy good.

Other various Emmy disappointments include (try not to take these too seriously):

  • The Cleveland Show getting a nomination. What?
  • iCarly losing it's award. What?
  • The continued existence of Reality Show awards.
  • Modern Family (good show) getting 5 awards (not that good).
That's all I've got to say about that. Next year I predict wins for Louie, Adventure Time, Mad Men, Wilfred, some mini-series I won't see, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and Louie. You can quote me on that. Chyeah!

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention that since Jim Parsons won for The Big Bang Theory, Steve Carrell was robbed of his last opportunity to win for being Michael Scott on the Office. What the fuck is that?

    ReplyDelete