Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sandy Eggo Comic-Con

This week another convention occurred and I was too poor to make it. I don't have a job or anything so it would have been absolutely no trouble at all to hop on a plane and fly out to San Diego for Comic-Con 2009. However I DON'T HAVE A JOB so it would have been some trouble to afford a plane ticket or hotel room or price of admission. These days it doesn't really matter if you're there because being a "geek" is so popular that you can find websites and television channels that fill you in. I'm not really a comic fan myself but there is plenty else there to get my blood boiling and keep my ears open. Here's what I've found interesting so far.

First of all I'll talk about games because I care so you're going to care as well. There isn't much to say outside of some new trailers and videos. That being said there is new Uncharted 2 co-op and PixelJunk Shooter gameplay. Once again, I'm a PS3 addict so these kinds of things interest me. There's probably plenty of Halo and Gears news but I don't care enough to follow these things. There's also footage of LittleBigPlanet and Gran Turismo for PSP but I don't have one yet and watching such videos only makes me cry. If you have a PSP you'd like to send me I can pay you like 10 bucks and as an added bonus I'll send you an original rap song to perform that will inevitably make you famous a la Soulja Boy. (Take note that this is most likely the last time you will see his name on this site as he is the polar opposite of what Chyeah stands for.) For those of you who don't own a Sony console, you should check out Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. The videos for it are looking amazing as well. Truthfully, there is too much for me to talk about. I've been watching more videos recently than I can count. If I were you and I was sitting here thinking "Man, if only I could find all of the videos he has seen so I can watch them and possibly download them" then I would go to GameTrailers and watch until my head exploded from awesome overload. That's just me though, do whatever you want.

Besides games there is, of course, some movie news. For instance, did you know that the third Batman movie will begin filming next year? Now you do. How about the fact that Attack of the Show co-host Olivia Munn will be playing the role of Iron Maiden in the highly anticipated Iron Man 2? That's breaking news as I'm typing this, I believe, so consider yourself lucky. One more thing you should know. Samuel L. Jackson and Charlize Theron will both be in Astro Boy. Sam Jackson is confirmed as having a robot cameo and that's just awesome. I'm not terribly excited for Astro Boy but somehow I believe I'll find myself in a theater with it playing some time in the future.

There is some television stuff going down too. I'm a fan of Heroes but sadly I haven't heard anything about it. If I do I won't blog about it unless it's absolutely, jaw-droppingly, fantastic. I'll call the blog "A Heroes Blog" so if you see that title you can have your extra pair of shorts on hand before you start reading so you're prepared to change them afterward. Unfortunately there was no announcement of a return of Who Wants to be a Superhero? but this is not the place for my complaining.

Anyway that's about it. Maybe next year I'll actually go to Comic-Con but I highly doubt it. I'm still trying to get into E3 or maybe even the Tokyo Game Show eventually. (That may sound impossible but I've got connections.)

That's it for me. Here are some pictures from the event for your enjoyment. Chyeah!

The Tron Cycle for the new movie.

Self explanatory. I want to see it.

I don't know Green Hornet but I know a bad ass ride.

New Iron Man suit. It's so beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment