
Uh... Shutter Island takes place on an island for the 'Criminally Insane.' Leo DiCap is a cop who's there to investigate a missing patient. Shit just gets progressively crazier from there. I know, I didn't say a lot. You might be thinking, "how does it get crazy so fast?" Well listen to me and DON'T THINK THAT. As a matter of fact, don't think anything. You'll just be wrong.
Oh, in case I didn't make this clear yet. Shutter Island is good. I haven't seen many Scorsese films but if this is what he brings to the table, you can bet I'll be rummaging through his filmography for other gems. The acting, plot, and just about everything else is good. Just see for yourself. If you don't like it, check yourself into a mental hospital because something is fuckin' wrong with you. Honestly, I can't think of anything wrong with this movie. I'm starting to think that ol' Scorsese purposely made a mindfuck film so that critics wouldn't be able to think straight during the reviews and just give it a high score. Hollywood conspiracy theories aside, I plan on doing just that. I'm giving Shutter Island 67 Mental Patients. Chyeah!

That's about as good as I can do. I may attempt to review this film just on facebook or something but nice review nonetheless. Glad to see you're still alive.
ReplyDelete