Gonna run through the 10-6 and then detail the top 5.
10. Mila Kunis (Black Swan, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Book of Eli)
9. Carey Mulligan (An Education, Wall Street 2, Never Let Me Go, The Great Gatsby: 2012)
8. Scarlett Johannson (The Avengers series, Lost in Translation, The Prestige)
7. Rosario Dawson (Sin City, Grindhouse: Death Proof, Clerks II)
6. Charlize Theron (Monster, the 1st half of Hancock, The Devil's Advocate, Prometheus 2012)
5. Vera Farmiga (Source Code, The Departed, Up in the Air)
This woman is actually the reason this list ever got started. I first saw Vera in Up in the Air where she was brilliant alongside Clooney and Anna Kendrick. The next thing I knew, I was noticing her in The Departed (one of the best movies I've ever seen). Not to mention her being above Jake Gyllenhaal as a good reason to see Source Code. She's only gotten popular lately but hopefully that means she's going to be cranking out a lot of top shelf projects in the coming years.
4. Ellen Page (Inception, Hard Candy, X-Men: The Last Stand, Super, Juno)
Ellen Page has been on everybody's radar recently, and for good reason. I can only imagine that it's easy to become stuck-up in Hollywood but Page seems to have warded off this tendency of fame. In her roles and interviews she seems like a generally cool person. With movies like Juno and Inception under her belt, it's obvious that she has an eye for good roles. She's only 24-years-old so I'll be disappointed if she doesn't earn an Oscar before the end of her career.
3. Zoe Saldana (Avatar, The Losers, Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean)
She's a hard one to place because she has a knack for picking movies she has no business doing. That being said, she's managed to score some huge roles. Avatar and Star Trek were both fantastic and she definitely held her own in both. I don't see any reason to doubt her skills in the next blockbuster she has on the horizon. I just hope she looks into some more challenging roles in the future because I think she's got potential that doesn't get shown off in movies like Guess Who.
2. Zooey Deschanel (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, (500) Days of Summer, The Assassination of Jesse James)
Zooey Deschanel has managed to make a name for herself by being an indie dream girl. Indie is in right now so that makes her a superstar these days. I didn't know who she was when I saw Hitchhiker's Guide but I dig that she took that role. Of course she's well known for (500) Days of Summer and she completely deserves the notoriety. She's a great actress with a great career ahead of her but even if she never does a good movie again, she'll be pulling guys in to see her in whatever she decides to do.
1. Natalie Portman (Black Swan, Star Wars, Thor, V for Vendetta)
Based on the time I'm making this list, I don't see any other way this could have ended. She followed up an Academy Award winning performance in Black Swan with a co-starring role in Marvel Studios summer blockbuster, Thor. She's been a respected actress for a while now and her roles are ranged in such a way that everyone can like her in something. She's pregnant right now but I know I'm not alone in anticipation for the next big movie from Natalie Portman.
This list has taken a long time for me to actually write. Maybe I am sexist... nah! I hope you enjoyed something a little different from Chyeah! I have one more list off the top of my head I need to get down so look for that in the coming week. Alright, that's all for now, deuces.
This woman is actually the reason this list ever got started. I first saw Vera in Up in the Air where she was brilliant alongside Clooney and Anna Kendrick. The next thing I knew, I was noticing her in The Departed (one of the best movies I've ever seen). Not to mention her being above Jake Gyllenhaal as a good reason to see Source Code. She's only gotten popular lately but hopefully that means she's going to be cranking out a lot of top shelf projects in the coming years.
4. Ellen Page (Inception, Hard Candy, X-Men: The Last Stand, Super, Juno)
Ellen Page has been on everybody's radar recently, and for good reason. I can only imagine that it's easy to become stuck-up in Hollywood but Page seems to have warded off this tendency of fame. In her roles and interviews she seems like a generally cool person. With movies like Juno and Inception under her belt, it's obvious that she has an eye for good roles. She's only 24-years-old so I'll be disappointed if she doesn't earn an Oscar before the end of her career.
3. Zoe Saldana (Avatar, The Losers, Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean)
She's a hard one to place because she has a knack for picking movies she has no business doing. That being said, she's managed to score some huge roles. Avatar and Star Trek were both fantastic and she definitely held her own in both. I don't see any reason to doubt her skills in the next blockbuster she has on the horizon. I just hope she looks into some more challenging roles in the future because I think she's got potential that doesn't get shown off in movies like Guess Who.
2. Zooey Deschanel (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, (500) Days of Summer, The Assassination of Jesse James)
Zooey Deschanel has managed to make a name for herself by being an indie dream girl. Indie is in right now so that makes her a superstar these days. I didn't know who she was when I saw Hitchhiker's Guide but I dig that she took that role. Of course she's well known for (500) Days of Summer and she completely deserves the notoriety. She's a great actress with a great career ahead of her but even if she never does a good movie again, she'll be pulling guys in to see her in whatever she decides to do.
1. Natalie Portman (Black Swan, Star Wars, Thor, V for Vendetta)
Based on the time I'm making this list, I don't see any other way this could have ended. She followed up an Academy Award winning performance in Black Swan with a co-starring role in Marvel Studios summer blockbuster, Thor. She's been a respected actress for a while now and her roles are ranged in such a way that everyone can like her in something. She's pregnant right now but I know I'm not alone in anticipation for the next big movie from Natalie Portman.
This list has taken a long time for me to actually write. Maybe I am sexist... nah! I hope you enjoyed something a little different from Chyeah! I have one more list off the top of my head I need to get down so look for that in the coming week. Alright, that's all for now, deuces.










No comments:
Post a Comment