Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Prepared for Redemption


Hi, Rod-man here. As none of you already know, one of my favorite shows of the past few years is NBC's action drama, Heroes. If you've never heard of it then you're truly missing out. Heroes is pretty much a live action weekly comic book. It plays out like one and is just as enjoyable without being quite as ridiculous. The show has had 3 seasons so far which include 4 volumes. Genesis, Generations, Villians, and Fugitives have all passed and now we are prepared for season 4, volume 5, Redemption. It's a little confusing but you can blame the writer's strike for that.

I'm going to come clean and say that I've seen maybe 2 episodes of Heroes on television. To see the other 57 I had to literally travel through hell and fight demons with my bare hands. Did I say literally? Doesn't matter. You know what I mean. It's difficult seeing seasons of a show that haven't been on tv for a few years without breaking laws. It did eventually come to that but Heroes is worth it, I promise. I just finished Fugitives earlier today and I've gotta say it was awesome. Genesis is still the best so far with Fugitives right behind it. Generations is dead last with it's 11 confusing and irrelevant episodes but once again, blame the writers. Personally, I blame them for every terrible thing that has ever happened to good tv. Samurai Jack being cancelled, Justice League being cancelled, Dragonball GT sucking, Family Guy turning into crap, everything. But i digress. Like I was saying, Fugitives was meshed with the inferior Villians but I have high hopes for Redemption. It seems the creators are leaving the realm of unnecessarily confusing and going into the realm of purely entertaining. That's the right realm to be in if you ask me. There are so many ways they can go with what happened at the end of Volume 4 that I seriously can not wait for what is going to happen next. I imagine that this is what it feels like when you actually read comics and you have to wait for a new issue.


September 21 is the day of Redemption. I urge you to find NBC on your television and watch it. Then the next day turn to G4 and watch it again. If you're anything like me you should enjoy it immensely. Hell, if you have a mind strong enough to visit this blog more than once and realize it's greatness then you owe it to yourself to watch Heroes. I also recommend that you kill whoever you have to kill in order to get caught up with the first three seasons. A lot goes down in each volume (except Generations) and it's all good. If you enjoy comics but don't have the money to buy them or the time to read them, then check out Heroes. It has the Chyeah approval. That's pretty much the entertainment equivalent of being knighted.

That's it! Happy September everyone! Chyeah!

1 comment:

  1. 50 Cool Points goes to you, me and any of the 50 other people who watch heroes.

    But on a more serious note, the show really needs acclaim where it is due. It is a show to push the envelope as not just another Science Fiction show, or Sitcom or Talk Show but something pretty new.

    ReplyDelete