Thursday, June 4, 2009

Тетрис друзья!


According to Wikipedia and the Yahoo Babel Fish, the above title says Tetris Friends in Russian. Tetrisfriends.com is a site that I have been using for a few weeks now. It is currently in beta but today when I logged onto MSN, Turbo informed me that some updates had been made. If you don't know, Tetris is the greatest game ever made before the 90s. If you believe differently, stop reading now... Ok. So I made my way to the site to see new Tetris games had been added. I then passed out. I awoke several seconds later and decided that the additional games made the site Chyeah worthy and thus needed to be blogged on. Before today the site consisted of Tetris; Marathon (basic tetris you might have on your phone), Sprint (40 lines as fast as you can), Ultra (2 minute point fest), and Survival (20 levels of surviving). That's not all though. The site also featured a 2 player battle game where doubles, triples, and tetrises send your opponent pesky lines to deal with and a 5 player sprint with the same rules as the single player version with a lot more stress.

I found these games fun but not quite Chyeah worthy. I love Tetris so I figured I'd keep an eye on it to see where it went. Today the site added a new multiplayer game. It's a 6 player version of the already competitive battle game. It can be a tad confusing but I won both of my matches so I can't complain. The other addition is what really made me Chyeah. It's a replica of the 1989 version of Tetris from the original Game Boy. If you've ever played it, it will instantly take you back to those days. I feel like I'm getting addicted all over again and even neglecting my PS3 sometimes.

I suggest if you've never played Tetris or you've loved it for your entire life like me that you stop whatever you're doing, go make an account, and play for hours. Get on my level if you can. Don't be discouraged if you suck either. The single player percentage scale goes from Good to Great for the well being of your self esteem. In multiplayer games you face people of your skill level for the most part due to a ranking system. Every once in a while you will face a level one pro just trying to move through the ranks and has to start somewhere. Why are you still here. Go play Tetris. That's what I'm going to do.

Oh. Beware the Tetris Effect. Chyeah!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew the Tetris Effect even had a name. Huh.

    ReplyDelete