
There have been several posts on Chyeah about actors and films. However, none have come up about directors. So here is the first of, I'm sure, several reviews about chyeah-worthy directors. The Coen brothers (Joel and Ethan) have yet to make a movie that I do not like. Granted I have not seen all of their films yet, but every one I have seen I have loved. I was first introduced to the Coens several years ago when I saw O Brother, Where Art Thou? Since then, I've been hooked. Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Burn After Reading and the absolutely awe-inspring No Country for Old Men have had me entertained and, in some cases, shitting myself with laughter. They are very meticulous and every word in their scripts and every angle of the camera is calculated. You know that when you put in a Coen film, you're not getting any bullshit. You're getting a superb story and dialouge that can only be rivaled by Kevin Smith. And that's saying something. So here's to the Coen brothers. Two guys who have yet to make a bad film. And in the age of movies that we live in, that is something to be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment