Saturday, May 16, 2009

Daniel Day-Lewis

Daniel Day-Lewis is an actor who makes me go, "Chyeah!" every time I see him. I first saw him in There Will Be Blood which is a fucking awesome movie that everyone should see. He plays the part of Daniel Plainview, an "oil man" who is hellbent on getting as much oil as he can and by whatever means he can get it. Even if it means sending his son away. Then, last night, I saw him in Gangs of New York which could be even better. In this film, he plays William Cutting (aka Bill the Butcher) who is the leadoer of a particularly strong gang in New York in the mid 1800's. His gang has a lot of political influence and basically controls everything on the streets. I will be watching many more of his films in the future to see what kind of chyeah-worthy characters he has played and will play. Chyeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment