Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Project TRICO is Go!


Anyone who follows Sony half as closely as I do has seen the above picture. It is the single teasing piece of artwork that the masterful Team ICO gave us gamers to ensure us that they were working on a new game. Over one year later (that pic is from January of 2008) we have an almost 4 minute trailer from the studio to sink our teeth into. Before I say anything else, you should see it for yourself.



I love the tone of the Team ICO's work. I've only seen ICO played but Shadow of the Colossus is one of my all time favorite games. Project TRICO, as it is being called for now, is looking like another classic already. Not many developers can make a game that instantly causes so much intrigue with a setting and two characters. Let's talk about those characters momentarily. First we have the little boy. I'm not sure what to make of him yet. He doesn't seem all too special. My guess would be he's an orphan or outcast who really isn't supposed to be where we see him in the trailer. At some point he befriends the other main character of the trailer. If you don't know who I'm talking about, I'm referring to the young looking griffin monster who trashes the soldier and saves the child. I call it a griffin monster as opposed to just a griffin because of the giant, very ungriffinous ears and abnormal size. No matter what it is, I personally can't wait to see how it will be implemented into the still hush hush gameplay. According to PlayStation LifeStyle this is an extremely early build of the game so expect a graphic improvement as well as refined character models. I expect to hear much more from this game at E3 and I'll make sure you're updated.

Chyeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment