Friday, October 1, 2010

A few words and Manga ...

Even though I have been on the staff of Chyeah! for literally a day, I wanted to once again give a big thank you to Rod-Man and TheKillerCliche for making me feel welcomed .
What used to be a staff of a roaring river trickled down into three . People moved on and had their own things to do, but we three, Rod-Man, TheKillerCliche, and I, DINHosaurus will keep this dream alive .
A silent remembrance is needed for all those who have come and gone to contribute ....


NOW THENNNN !




I wanted to do my first review on my absolute favorite manga, a Japanese comic written and drawn by Eiichiro Oda . The story follows Monkey D. Luffy in his quest to become the Pirate King, after Gol D. Roger, the former Pirate King stated to the world before his execution that all of his treasures he's ever gathered was out there, in "One Piece ." After his execution, this starts off an age known as Romance Dawn, the age of the pirate.

Story: A pirate based theme in a manga has rarely been done, if not at all, so Oda has an enormous amount of room to work with . The storyline of all the arcs and the overall plot is well done and nothing is cliche, which you get with a lot of other popular mangas like Naruto or Bleach . Oda leaves every chapter with a nice ending and not with a lame cliff hanger such as "I guess I'll have to use ... THAT technique" or *turns around, close up in face* "GASSPPP ! YOU !!"
No, that's lame and gay . It's lay, people, it's lay . The story arcs are amazing and make you begging for more, and that's not even an exaggeration . There are also MANY things to add onto the story, such as Devil Fruits which give the user an amazing ability but they lose their ability to swim (which is kinda essential if you wanna be a pirate, if you ask me) . And even powerful pirates such as the Four Emperors and The Seven Pirate Lords, they're so powerful that if one of these powers is disturbed, that peace could crumble . So definitely amazing story that is incorporated .

Art: The design of all the characters are fine to a point and each style somehow matches with the character's, well ... character . Nothing is overdone or UNDERdone for that problem and even the environment and settings of the story is amazingly drawn with finesse . The biggest that pops out in the manga is the actual title art . Over 500 chapters and each chapter title art is random, amazing in detail, and it just looks amazing .

Enjoyment: I've reread this manga at least three time, from chapter 1 to chapter 598 (the most current one, it updates weekly unless otherwise stated). As you follow Luffy, you meet new characters some friend and some powerful foes . As for expecting new things and wanting twists and turns in a series, you'll NEVER bore of this series, I guarantee it . If you're into manga, comics, action comedy, or even bored and want to pass time, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this manga series .
You can read this at manga at http://www.mangareader.net/ or http://read.mangashare.com/

This Manga, gets a total DINHosaurus two thumbs up . Happy reading, Chyeah! nation !
DINHosaurus, terminating this sequence~
Chyeah !


2 comments:

  1. I love your writing style. I got an email for new posts and BAM!

    Good to see Chyeah back on track. Chyeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, you have out done your self, you make me smile with each letter, of each word, of each paragraph.


    And don't thank me again, give yourself a pat on a back for being the three strand wire that holds Chyeah together.

    I don't watch or read One Peace, because frankly I thought it was too childish, but your review has mad me think of it in a new light. I will pick up vol. 1 next time im in Barnes and Noble. Expecially when you say it has twists and turns(I LOVE TWISTS) and that you would never bore of it.


    5 Stars, you have became the example for all posters to follow. Lets step our game up to beat this Rod-Man!!

    ReplyDelete