Monday, June 1, 2009

Pirate Rock


What do you get when you cross Jack Sparrow with electric guitar? You get supreme win. I recently stumbled across a great video on YouTube of a guy named Victor de Andres playing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme on guitar. Playing it extremely well. I was pleasantly surprised how well it translated from a full symphony orchestra to guitar. Now, we all know that the "Pirates" franchise is one of the greatest trilogies of film out there. Sure, the second and third films had an air of shoddy plot work, but I challenge anyone to name a movie with a theme song so well suited for it apart from, perhaps, Star Wars. For those of you who may not know, I dabble in the guitar world myself and I was stunned that this never crossed my mind. It's the perfect combination. Rock and pirates. Maybe, we can only pray, a new genre of rock will crawl out of the primordial soup of all that is music and we can all rejoice with rum and wenches. In the meantime, I say drink up me hearties and rock on Mr. de Andres! Chyeah!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmalzkdTXw

1 comment:

  1. Well, there's always viking and folk metal. Which is probably the closest you'll get to pirate rock.

    ReplyDelete