Monday, October 18, 2010

Red Review


So I just re-read Red and since we don't have any comic book reviews, I figured why not. The movie is out, so at least it's relevant. This'll probably be short since I don't want my review to end up longer than the comic itself (which is only 3 issues).

Red tells of Paul Moses, a retired CIA agent who is ordered to be killed by the new director. The only reason we're given for this is that Moses has commited too many horrible acts while serving as an agent. They never go into any specifics except for the assassination of JFK and a few other public figures, but that's probably for the best. Pretty much the entire thing is Moses killing everyone in sight. Which is definitely crazy awesome. But despite that and it's length, it's actually pretty deep. Showing what can happen to someone who was turned into a monster by the country he was out to serve and protect and all that jazz.

So that's it. Told you it'd be short. I rate this comic one arrow through the skull. Go out and read it. It's so short that there's no excuse not to.


No comments:

Post a Comment