Monday, October 25, 2010

Rod-Man Honors: Arrested Development


Hello and welcome readers. Today starts a new series entitled "Rod-Man Honors." These posts will basically act as an excuse for me to blog about stuff I love but got around to enjoying too late. Either that or they're things I re-watched or found new appreciation in. They'll probably end with the urgent suggestion to watch, read, or play something for the purpose of making you a better person. Without further ado, Rod-Man Honors... Arrested Development.


I just finished watching the third and final season of Arrested Development today. The series' original run went from 2003-2006 and had a total of 53 episodes. I know I'm not alone when I say that THIS IS AN ATROCITY. Never before have I seen a comedy with such an elaborate over-arching storyline. If something monumental happens in Arrested Development, it doesn't get taken back. Whether it be George Bluth going to jail or Buster losing a hand, everything's canon and it's all worked into the plot beautifully. A personal favorite aspect is the narration done by Ron Howard. I can say without a doubt that it's the best narration in any show I've ever watched. You'll know what I mean if you see it. I might be the best comedy series I've ever seen. Sadly, I might have to contribute that in part to its short run. On one hand it never had a chance to go stale. On the other, I can't imagine a show with such fantastic writing and clever plot development to fall off. If this show had gotten more popularity I see it being ranked alongside Seinfeld in the realm of perfect comedy tv shows. Hell, if it were up to me, Arrested Development would be ranked much higher. Sadly, I'm one of the many to blame for the show ever being cancelled. I should have watched it. We all should have. I faintly remember advertisements from so long ago. If only I'd tuned into just one episode I know I would have been hooked. I suggest (here it comes) that you do just that. Find an episode, watch it. After that I don't have to tell you to buy it. If you can afford it, you probably will. Then, you'll be just as excited as I am if and when the movie is released.


Thanks for reading the very first "Rod-Man Honors." What happens next time is completely based on whatever I complete next. Whatever it might be, it'll be awesome so you owe it to yourself to check it out. Until then, Chyeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment