Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sonic: Reborn


So I've got this shirt that portrays gaming icon, Sonic the Hedgehog, as a skeleton. I wear it because I'm a fan of Sonic but it's second meaning might soon disappear. You see, I could always pull out the concept that Sonic was a dead franchise to explain the point of the shirt. Sonic's had so many awful, gimmicky, uninspired titles in the past few years that I assumed Sega had forgotten all about our favorite blue hedgehog.

It seems now that I was wrong. Recently Sonic 4: Episode 1 was released. It's a return to the classic 2d style of the early games int he franchise. I don't know how many episodes they're planning but once they're all in one Sonic 4 package (I'm sure it'll happen) I'll definitely be trying it for myself. You can get it on PSN, XBLA, and WiiWare.


Now what's more exciting to me is the new Wii title, Sonic Colors. I don't really know much about NGamer but they're the only magazine to review Colors yet and they're really impressed. I watched some gameplay for it and it shows promise. There are no knights, no werewolves, and no human princesses. If Sonic 4 is the New Super Mario Bros. of the franchise, Sonic Colors might be the Super Mario Galaxy. Even the story resembles Galaxy in that Sonic's adventure takes place in space. I guess if you're going to copy something, it's a good idea to choose some of the best games of all time. I don't see anything that could hold Colors back from being one of the best Sonic games in a long, long time. It comes out next month so keep your eyes open, Wii owners. Chyeah!

10 comments:

  1. See I like Sonic games as much as the next person but I have a gaming book that says theres a new game...."Sonic Reborn" I realy wanna know when it releases it seems like the best game yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no. a couple pages back, there was a cover, GameInfarcer, which means that everything in that section is fake

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish it was real

    ReplyDelete
  4. theres a rated mmm (whatever that is)of sonic coming out called sonic reborn! it says he in now 19 and fighting with a gun? he can't run any more his leg is cracked so now he limps thats all bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. you mean gameinformer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok guys,that bull crap excuse of a sonic game,sonic reborn,is complete bull crap.everyone knows sonic for his wits and his seed, but the new game says screw that,now sonic has a bad leg,phycological truama(another reason why he doesnt run)a gun(shadow is th one with the gun!),and even clothes!.everything in tht game is pure crap,and i sre as heck hope it's fake,along with all the true sonic fans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, guys, it's not real. The GameInformer this month had a section that was called gameinfarcer (get it - "farce"/fake?) which was just a bunch of parodies and joke concepts. I laughed so hard when I read about Sonic Reborn. It is so far from anything sonic-related. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past Sonic team to make up something like that. You can read the parody here: http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/8456-gameinformer-reviews-sonic-reborn/

    ReplyDelete
  8. phwew i thought it was real you had me worried for a second

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay this pisses me off. Sonic is a guy who saves the world with his friends and does it without the help of any weapons execpt for rings (when they turn him into super sonic. But do they even count as weapons?) Well anyway I hope this shit never comes out and if it does, I won't play look at it, or even think about it! If you're a real sonic fan like me then you should do the same. LONG LIVE SONIC, THE KNIGHT OF THE WIND!

    ReplyDelete
  10. actually sonic reborn would be badass. this actually is really good and i wish it was real. also his leg isen't cracked u idiot he has lost the will to run because a virus by eggman wiped out80% of the worlds population. it would most likely be about sonic getting revenge and as it says survial.it would be about saveing the world and of course GETTING HIS WILL TO RUN BACK it has a good story line and it is geared towards an older age yes it would be different but it would be fun A REAL SONIC FAN WOULD WANT THIS TO BE MADE

    ReplyDelete